SKINPEN IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR THE FOLLOWING;
• Keloid Scarring
• Pregnant or Nursing
• Skin Cancer (Consult your doctor)
• Undergoing Chemotherapy (Consult your doctor)
• Blood thinners (Consult your doctor)
• Herpes Simplex/Warts
• Autoimmune disorders
• Accutane (must be off for 1 year)
• Diabetic (Consult your doctor)
• Eczema/psoriasis (On the area to be treated)
HOW TO PREPARE FOR YOUR SKINPEN TREATMENT
Stop using skin thinning & lightening products (Retinol/Retin A, Glycolic acids/AHA’s, Hydraquinone) at least one week prior your appointment.
Facials/chemical peels need to be done at least one month prior to your appointment.
Avoid sun exposure at least 48 hours prior to your appointment. If you arrive with a sunburn, you will be sent home and your appointment will be rescheduled and you will be charged a fee.
Avoid facial waxing for at least one week prior.
Botox and Fillers need to be done at least 2 weeks prior and wait 2 weeks post the SkinPen treatment.
If you are prone to cold sores, consult your doctor about preventative medication.
During your consultation, we will explain how to apply your numbing cream. The numbing cream should be applied 30 mins prior to arriving for your treatment.
We recommend changing your pillowcase on the day of treatment so that there are no contaminants that will come in contact with your newly treated skin.
HOW WILL I CARE FOR MY SKIN AFTER MY SKINPEN TREATMENT?
After your SkinPen treatment you will have a take home kit that contains product to be used for the next 48 hours.
1. Lift HG – can be applied as often as needed the first 24 hours following your treatment.
2. Rescue – a hydrating cream to be applied 24 hrs post treatment as often as needed.
3. On day three, you may start your regular skincare program unless otherwise instructed by your practitioner. You may start using exfoliating products one week post treatment.
Avoid the following as directed:
• Do not cleanse the skin for 48 hours. You may splash your skin with cold water after 24 hours.
• Do not apply any makeup to the skin for a minimum of 72 hours. (Even if the makeup is mineral).
• No exercise/yoga/hot yoga for 72 hours.
• No use of hot tubs, pools, saunas & steam rooms for a minimum of 72 hours.
• Do not apply any exfoliating products to the skin for a minimum of one week. (physical scrubs, retinol, AHA’s, glycolic acids, salicylic acids).
• No facial treatments/peels, laser, botox/fillers for a minimum of two weeks.
• Direct sun exposure for a minimum of 72 hours. (Wear SPF after 48 hours).
• Avoid touching your face with dirty hands/cell phone/glasses.
• We recommend not bringing pets/animals close to your face for a minimum of 48 hours.